I don’t know about you, but I love to snack. Checked something off my to-do list? I deserve a snack! Watching my favorite T.V. show? Goes perfectly with my favorite snack! Can’t squeeze in a lunch break in my busy day? I NEED a snack.
Fortunately, snacking doesn’t always involve eating a whole bag of potato chips – and it isn’t inherently unhealthy. In fact, eating in between meals can provide much-needed mid-day energy, limit overeating during meals, and decrease distracting hunger pangs.
Because I live a fast-paced life, I always strive for healthy, nutrient-dense snacks that can be prepared in 5 minutes or less. Without further ado, these are my current top 5 favorite quick and nutrient-dense snack recipes:
1. Vegan Banana Smoothie from Foolproof Living
2. Sliced Red Pepper & Guacamole from JoyFoodSunshine
3. Apple Cinnamon Cottage Cheese Bowl from Budget Bytes
4. Baby Carrots & Hummus from Simply Recipes
5. Keto Tuna Salad & Celery from Gav\’s Kitchen
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do! If you give any of them a try – and especially if you create any delicious modifications – leave me a comment below!